Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm getting my bake on!

So far I've made: whoopie pies, Pot-o-gold Cupcakes and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.

For the whoopie pies I tried out my new whoopie pie pan. Since it was my first time making whoopie pies, I tried to keep it simple, and made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
The pot-o-gold cupcakes were pretty easy too. I just made a chocolate cake and vanilla icing with gold flecks on top.
The Mint Chip Cupcakes were a bit harder. I modified a vanilla recipe by puting mint extract instead of vanilla, adding chocolate chips, and a teeny bit of green food coloring. I tried out this really fun idea of putting the batter in ice cream cones instead of cupcake liners! It was a Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake in an ice cream cone, with vanilla chocolate swirl frosting!

So this time around, when i went into Great Sage, I had the Mahalo cake, which was great! Because coconut and chocolate and almonds are all so good together, the Mahalo cake was really, really good! Great Sage's new menu is really cool! They've added, a raw blueberry cheesecake, the mahalo cake(wink wink) and the tart cherry pie!:D The Mahalo cake was layers of scrumptious coconut cake with yummy coconut frosting and chocolate ganache, topped with toasted almonds. I highly suggest it if you are craving something decadent and tasteful. Here are some pics, enjoy!:)


-gracie



                                                               the whoopie pies





                                                       the ice cream cone cupcakes

                                                              the pot-o-gold cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy! Great Job, gracie! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete